Saturday, February 27, 2010

About Town


I had lots of errands to get done today. I needed to go to lowes, publix, and the mall to buy my clinique face wash. I didn't spend enough money to get the gift-with-purchase. bummer. However, I did score an amazing skirt for $4 and a plaid shirt for $4 at Dillards.

This look didn't come easily to me. It was a quite a lot of trial and error, which left a large mess on my bed. I knew I wanted to wear my corduroy shorts with tights and my favorite jean jacket. I just wasn't sure how to bring it all together. What do you think?
I adore this ballerina necklace. A constant reminder to strive for poise. I almost gave these shorts to goodwill. I've had them for years and never wore them. I didn't like the shape with my bare legs. That's why they have now become winter shorts worn with tights. In keeping with "shopping in my own closet", I am trying to rethink many items I already own. I'm glad I gave these shorts a second chance. I know I wear these boots all the time, but they're the only boots I own!
This headband reminds me of an 80's bridesmaid dress. I love it though, but I might be biased because I made it.
headband: handmade my me
necklace: forever21
jean jacket: thrifted gap
gray cami: old navy
shorts:old navy
scarf: old navy (lots of old navy today!)
tights: wal-mart
boots: amiclubwear.com

7 comments:

  1. Love the cord shorts! Shorts and tights is one of thee best combos.

    xoxo
    J

    www.talkprettytome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours, so pretty together! thanks for your comment! xxx
    fifthsparrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! love the shorts and scarf...epic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that Dillards has some of the best sales ever? Half of my shoes are from that magical place! All of these colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those boots in red from amiclubwear and I love them. They're so cheap that I could almost justify buying them in a few other colors top complete my wardrobe. Love them in gray.

    Tiffany
    http://areasontobefabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete